How to Build a SharePoint Knowledge Portal that People Love to Use
November 17, 2015
8:00 AM EST to 9:00 AM EST
96% of businesses fail to unlock the full potential of their data. Traditional approaches to enterprise search simply can't keep up with the exponential rate of growth in data volume, variety and velocity. Yet the need for accessible enterprise information to improve business agility and decision-making has never been greater.
Enter the Knowledge Portal - A single interface to enterprise information that accesses, aggregates and personalizes data based on user profiles and business processes to better formulate knowledge and insight.
In this webinar, we will explore the essential ingredients of SharePoint-based knowledge portals from an information design, technology and usability standpoint including:
- An integrated view of data including operational, historical, structured and unstructured data
- A contextual information architecture that organizes data, defines attributes and maps relationships
- A scalable search platform for tagging, categorizing, finding and presenting information to knowledge workers
- A personalized user experience with an intuitive process for finding answers to complex business questions
- Future-proofing the implementation and simplifying upgrades with a “no customization” approach that makes it easier to support the environment over time
Experts in the field of Knowledge Portal design and deployment will explain how to transform a SharePoint environment into a highly customized search platform for connecting business users with enterprise information. They will present real-world customer examples that demonstrate how Knowledge Portals can perform complex searches of diverse and dispersed information systems with a streamlined, visually refined, and user personalized process for finding answers and insights.