Business Development Representative (BDR)
Earley Information Science (EIS) is a growing professional services firm dedicated to helping organizations become a customer-driven, or AI-driven, enterprise. Backed by a deep history and outstanding reputation, Earley Information Science is a small company embarking upon a major growth trajectory in 2019 and beyond.
We are looking for a talented and competitive Business Development Representative that thrives in a complex, solution-sales environment. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our 2019 customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Further, you’ll be joining a passionate, national team of experts with deep experience and relationships in the B2B/B2C eCommerce market.
Our team enjoys the benefits of working from home multiple days per week. The candidate for the BDR position should, however, be based locally and able to work from our headquarters in Carlisle, MA, approximately twice a week.
Further, our ideal candidate must demonstrate our core values daily, including:
- Honesty and Transparency
- Sense of Urgency
- Practical & Results-Driven
- Stronger As A Team Than As Individuals
The Business Development Representative’s core responsibilities will include a range of activities to support the Marketing & Sales organization, including:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails.
- Research accounts, identify key players, initiate contact, and generate interest.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
- Schedule and participate in initial prospect discussions with EIS sales team.
- Deeply understand customer needs, pain points, and requirements for potential discussion with EIS sales team.
- Test new messaging / product and service offerings in prospect discussions as developed. Deliver intelligence back to EIS Sales and Marketing team.
- Meet and exceed weekly / monthly / quarterly meeting quotas
Skills and Experience Required:
- 4+ years of past inside sales experience, preferably with a large, professional services firm. Experience in data-driven services and technologies, or equivalent industry expertise is required.
- Expertise at speaking across a range of functions including Marketing, IT, Data Analytics, or C-Suite executives. Further, expertise in speaking to a range of B2B commerce organizations in Retail, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and others, preferred.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day.
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.