Content Project Manager - Client Delivery
Earley Information Science (EIS) is a growing professional services firm dedicated to helping organizations become a customer-driven, or AI-driven, enterprise. Backed by a deep history and outstanding reputation, Earley Information Science is a small company embarking upon a major growth trajectory for this year and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced Content Project Manager to assume ownership of the planning and delivery of small to mid-size client projects specifically for content architecture, strategy or digital asset management. The project manager will also be asked to manage significant tracks / workstreams in a larger program structure. You will be joining a passionate, national team of experts with deep experience and relationships across a number of industries. This is a contract role with potential to convert to full-time employment.
- Work with Engagement Lead and / or Client Partner to develop work breakdown plans, scope definition, and schedules for client delivery projects.
- Manage the ongoing project schedule, milestones, resources, issues and risks.
- Schedule and run internal delivery team design discussions and regular team stand-ups to support overall progress and identify potential issues in near real-time.
- Coordinate with Engagement Lead and / or Client Partner to author and run regular status meetings with client and overall client communications plan.
- Approve team resource time, and manage overall time to schedule and budget parameters.
- Escalate issues and risks with Earley and client leadership, where needed. Develop and articulate risk mitigation plans.
- When needed, work as business analyst to support and own research and analysis in support of overall project deliverable and team goals.
- Serve as a QC checkpoint for final client deliverables, where applicable.
- Ideal candidates must demonstrate EIS’ core values daily, including:
- Honesty and transparency.
- Sense of urgency.
- Practical & results-driven.
- Stronger as a team than as an individual.
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional service, marketing agency, or consulting organization.
- 3+ demonstrated experience delivering content management or digital asset solutions in a project manager or production lead role.
- Project management experience that includes scoping and executing smaller to mid-sized projects assuming full accountability for project success.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas: Content Management, Digital Asset Management, Content Taxonomy
- Working proficiency in principles of Information Science and Management, including Taxonomy and Information Architecture, Search, Data Quality, or Governance.
- Experience in leading project lifecycle from ideation through handoff, with some demonstrated level of Agile/Scrum experience.
- PMP or Agile / Scrum (CSM, ACP) Certification preferred.
- Ability to frame a problem, approach and build and execute plans.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with project management and collaborative software platform tools (JIRA, Basecamp, Asana, Slack, MS Project and Teams).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Collaborative; ability to work in a team environment.
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving.
- Sound business acumen and analytical skills.
Location & Travel Requirements
- Multiple locations – Candidates must be US-based, Central / Eastern time zones preferred.
- Travel: 15-25%
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.