Omnichannel Virtual Assistants
Guest: Chris Featherstone
About this episode
Many companies are turning to chatbots and virtual assistants to improve customer experience and increase operational efficiency. In the past text and voice channels were distinct. Now, tools and technologies are emerging to support omnichannel virtual assistants that seamlessly blend text and voice. However, voice and text interactions are quite different and have specialized design requirements.
In this episode, Chris and Seth talk about core principles for building chat and voice assistants and review key considerations for each channel.
- How true intelligent virtual assistants (IVA’s) differ from chatbots
- The unique challenges of designing for voice
- Selecting the right problems to solve with IVA’s
- Skills and talents needed for success
- Getting past stumbling blocks in order to scale
Watch on Youtube