Some product information management (PIM) tools make it difficult to change core data models once they have been set up in the system. To avoid costly rework, you can utilize a “pre-PIM” design tool as a PIM accelerator. This class of software allows you to:
- Iterate on designs before committing to a PIM architecture
- Improve data quality
- Collaborate on decision-making and audit trails
- Set up metrics around product data and attribute structure
- Correlate performance measures with metrics – product data and hierarchy improvements are correlated with user behaviors and outcomes
- Integrate governance content prior to PIM load
- Decrease reliance on spreadsheets
While some PIM tools include a subset of these functions, they are often lacking in flexibility, functionality, and integration capabilities, especially around product data model and hierarchy design changes.
Join us for this webinar to learn how purpose-built pre-PIM environments enable fluid design changes while ensuring data integrity, reducing risk, increasing stakeholder engagement, and showing clear ROI on investments in product data.
Seth Earley, Founder & CEO, Earley Information Science
Eli Cooley, Senior Consultant, Earley Information Science