Earley Information Science is a growing professional services firm dedicated to helping organizations become a customer-driven, or AI-driven, enterprise. Backed by a deep history and outstanding reputation, Earley Information Science is a small company embarking upon a major growth trajectory in 2019 and beyond.
We are looking for a talented and competitive Client Partner that thrives in a complex, solution-sales environment. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our 2019 customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Further, you’ll be joining a passionate, national team of experts with deep experience and relationships in the B2B/B2C eCommerce market. We offer flexible working options and great benefits.
About The Role
Working closely with a team of fellow Client Partners, Sales Leadership, Marketing Leadership, and Delivery Experts, our Client Partners oversee the entire lifecycle of a prospect, from initial discovery meeting to solution architecting, contract negotiations, and solution deployment. This highly-visible, quota-carrying role requires both outbound sales prowess as well as executive-level client management skills.
The Client Partner should be based in the U.S. and be available to travel to client locations when required (estimated at 50% - 75%). When not traveling to the client site, it will be necessary to work independently from your home office with a virtual team. The Client Partner must be available for calls and meetings during the client’s work hours. As we are a client focused and driven organization, this may mean working hours outside a regular eight hour day to accommodate the customer need.
The Client Partner will be required to lead sales and account management, as well as participate in marketing activities. Those activities include, but are not limited to, sales outreach, proposal development, sales contact creation and tracking, writing blogs and white papers, as well as participating in webinars.
- Carries quarterly sales quota, and executes consistently against that quota
- Individually prospects within territory/industry assignments, as well as takes ownership of Marketing-qualified prospects assigned
- Develops annual account plans and works with team to deliver on those plans
- Is knowledgeable on industry trends that may affect our clients or prospects
- Builds and preserves client relationships to drive new returning sales and protect business base
- Serves as the primary lead for proposal development, negotiation, and close
- Networks regularly and actively seeks out new marketing opportunities
- Regularly attends and speaks at conferences
- Owns senior-level client relationships and works to contribute strategic value beyond day-to-day project tactics and drive the strategic communications roadmap for clients
- Oversees the delivery lifecycle for our clients, from initial engagement meeting to project completion
- Acts as an internal advocate for our clients, cultivates relationships, and leverages to drive business objectives
- Shares responsibility for client retention by proactively identifying client risks opportunities and managing client teams to effectively respond to these client needs
- Orchestrates cross functional teams to achieve strong client results
- Works cross-functionally with other managers in the company to identify and resolve client business issues or deepen client relationships
Ideal candidates must demonstrate EIS’ core values daily, including:
- Honesty and Transparency
- Sense of Urgency
- Practical & Results-Driven
- Stronger As A Team Than As Individuals
- 10+ years of related sales industry experience, preferably in the following industries: Consulting, Information Architecture, CX/UX, Full-Lifecycle Project Design / Delivery / Support
- Proven sales asset, with demonstratable ability to meet and exceed quarterly quotas
- 7+ years of demonstrated track record of developing senior level client relationships
- Proven experience in managing teams of 10+ people and in working cross-functionally across an organization
- Strong executive presence, including ability to partner with and effectively influence client managers, directors, VPs, CMOs, and CXOs
- Personal relationships with Business, IT, or Marketing executives within Fortune 2000 companies a plus
- BA/BS required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Great disposition – remaining calm in stressful situations
- Collaborative – Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong client-service orientation
- Track record of leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities
- Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills; common sense
- Ability to lead a team effectively and provide direction to other members on the team
- Strong negotiation skills
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.