Product Data Management Taxonomist
As a Product Data Management Taxonomist for Earley Information Science’s (EIS) Delivery organization, you’ll evaluate, design, develop, and deliver taxonomies and related information management tools across industries, tools, and business situations. You will work closely with our Delivery teams to understand and prioritize the customers’ specific needs, and then work to create or improve existing taxonomies to meet those needs. You may also support technologists and other business experts by documenting requirements for taxonomy use and management, designing processes for sustainable taxonomy management, and helping to categorize items into the taxonomy or assign values. In addition, you will collaborate with our Client Partners and Marketing and Sales team members to define future opportunities and solutions.
Demonstrated experience working with product data taxonomy, with proficiencies in building and maintaining taxonomies, and/or categorizing or assigning taxonomy values to business items.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- PIM Implementation, integration and/or management
- Basic consulting skills; prefer some consulting experience
- Written and verbal communication, especially with distilling difficult concepts for a variety of audiences
- Listening to client needs
- History of delivering results
Demonstrated ability to work productively off-site within client's normal business hours. Access to high speed internet for video conferencing and phone (with noise control).
Travel: Up to 25% required
Candidates with less than three years of experience may be considered at the Associate Taxonomist grade. Candidates with more than five years of experience may be considered at the Senior Taxonomist grade, and candidates with eight or more years of experience may be considered at the Principal Taxonomist grade.
Strong experience with:
- Informatica PIM Product 360 (Formerly Heiler) and/or comparable PIM systems
- Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Core information architecture concepts (search, navigation, UX, metadata)
- Team collaboration technologies (e.g. Slack, Dropbox, Trello)
- Working directly with business, IT, and vendors
Preferred experience with:
- Taxonomy management tools
- User Experience and e-Commerce design
- Deep experience within one or more of the following:
- Content management / CMS
- Digital asset management / DAM
- Product information management / PIM
- Knowledge management / SharePoint
- Text analytics
- Search engine tuning
- Working as a member of a cross-functional team
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.