Project Manager - Client Delivery
Earley Information Science (EIS) is a growing professional services firm dedicated to helping organizations become a customer-driven, or AI-driven, enterprise. Backed by a deep history and outstanding reputation, Earley Information Science is a small company embarking upon a major growth trajectory in 2019 and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to assume ownership of the planning and delivery of small to mid-size client projects. The project manager will also be asked to manage significant tracks / workstreams in a larger program structure. You will be joining a passionate, national team of experts with deep experience and relationships across a number of industries. This is a contract role with potential to convert to full-time employment.
- Work with Engagement Lead and / or Client Partner to develop work breakdown plans, scope definition, and schedules for client delivery projects
- Manage the ongoing project schedule, milestones, resources, issues and risks
- Schedule and run internal delivery team design discussions and regular team stand-ups to support overall progress and identify potential issues in near real-time
- Coordinate with Engagement Lead and / or Client Partner to author and run regular status meetings with client and overall client communications plan
- Approve team resource time, and manage overall time to schedule and budget parameters
- Escalate issues and risks with Earley and client leadership, where needed. Develop and articulate risk mitigation plans
- When needed, work as business analyst to support and own research and analysis in support of overall project deliverable and team goals
- Serve as a QC checkpoint for final client deliverables, where applicable.
Ideal candidates must demonstrate EIS’ core values daily, including:
- Honesty and Transparency
- Sense of Urgency
- Practical & Results-Driven
- Stronger as a Team Than As Individuals
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional service, marketing agency, or consulting organization
- 3+ demonstrated experience delivering information management or digital/web solutions in a project manager or production lead role
- Project management experience that includes scoping and executing smaller to mid-sized projects assuming full accountability for project success
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas: Product Data Management, Knowledge Management, Content Management, Customer Engagement (CRM, CDP’s)
- Working proficiency in principles of Information Science and Management, including Taxonomy and Information Architecture, Search, Data Quality, or Governance
- Experience in leading project lifecycle from ideation through handoff, with some demonstrated level of Agile/Scrum experience
- PMP or Agile / Scrum (CSM, ACP) Certification preferred
- Ability to frame a problem, approach and build and execute plans
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with project management and collaborative software platform tools (JIRA, Basecamp, Asana, Slack, MS Project and Teams) Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Collaborative – Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving
- Sound business acumen and analytical skills
Location & Travel Requirements:
- Multiple locations – Candidates must be US-based, Central / Eastern time zones preferred.
- Travel: 15-25%