It’s All About the Data
Guest: Kirk Marple
About this Episode:
Today’s guest is Kirk Marple, Technical Founder and CEO at Unstruk Data. Kirk joins Seth Earley and Chris Featherstone and shares how to organize historical data and long-term memory. Kirk emphasizes the importance of organizing data in a manner that allows for seamless integration with novel models. Be sure to listen in on Kirk giving his advice on understanding data!
- Kirk highlights that when many individuals envision graphs, they think of the concept of the semantic web. The semantic web is commonly associated with the task of arranging web data, but it transcends that purpose by serving as a powerful tool for optimizing business applications and data organization.
- A prevalent misconception surrounding AI involves the notion that individuals must construct their own models and possess expertise in data science. Kirk states that many fail to recognize the rapid pace at which advancements unfold. It is crucial for people to harness the power of AI and employ it strategically within their business operations.
- Kirk believes that data lies at the core of everything. To optimize the utilization of emerging models effectively, he emphasizes the importance of organizing data in a manner that allows for seamless integration with novel models, thereby enabling abstraction from the intricate technicalities. Highlight the need to approach AI implementation with a practical mindset.
- What Kirk has seen in the last six or nine months, is a remarkable phenomenon wherein large language models possess the ability to engage in meaningful conversations with their underlying data. While the focus often remains on retrieval and entity extraction, the aspect of interactive communication tends to be overlooked.
- Over the years, people have been addressing the issue of non-equalization of data intent through the provision of taxonomies. Kirk anticipates that AI will play a pivotal role in enhancing this process further, enabling the discernment between distinct entities such as a company name and a street name, even if they happen to share similarities.
Quote of the Show:
- “It’s a data set. Not just a hard drive.” (03:50)
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kirkmarple/
- Website: https://www.unstruk.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/unstruk
Ways to Tune In:
- Earley AI Podcast: https://www.earley.com/earley-ai-podcast-home
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/id1586654770
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5nkcZvVYjHHj6wtBABqLbE?si=73cd5d5fc89f4781
- iHeart Radio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-earley-ai-podcast-87108370/
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/earley-ai-podcast
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/18524b67-09cf-433f-82db-07b6213ad3ba/earley-ai-podcast
- Buzzsprout: https://earleyai.buzzsprout.com/
Thanks to our sponsors: