Data Tells the Story
Guest: Michelle Zhou
About this Episode:
Today’s guest is Michelle Zhou, Co-Founder and CEO at Juji, Inc. Michelle joins Seth Earley and Chris Featherstone and dives into what proprietary data is and how it can be used correctly. Michelle also discusses the one lesson she has learned is that you have to build a product that can help people. You want to achieve your customers' outcomes, not your outcomes. Be sure to listen in on Michelle giving her advice on how to pick out the golden nuggets in AI data to show a coherent and meaningful summary!
- When Michelle first started with computer science, she wasn't fond of it until she attended Michigan State University where two professors changed her perspective on computers. They gave her the opportunity to work on building graphical user interfaces for power management and worked on projects that dealt with AI data storytelling.
- Michelle explains that the AI data storyteller gives a set of data and tasks of the user which then gives the user visual preferences. It also consists of a series of animated data visualization.
- During Michelle’s first 15 years of research, she was working on understanding users in a task context. For example, what their tasks are, what they're looking for, what their visual preferences are, and what their verbal preferences were.
- Michelle has noticed a lot of students will strive for a degree that their family has done in the past. Michelle says that you don’t always have to follow any degree you don’t want. There are so many unique degrees to pick from.
- Michelle believes that transparency drives responsibility and since they have a powerful AI system, she wants to make sure that they use their AI in a responsible way.
- The one lesson Michelle has learned is that you really have to build a product that can help people. Make sure to achieve your customers' outcomes and not yours. You don’t want to waste their time.
Quote of the Show:
“I want to really democratize the use of this cutting-edge technology.” (23:41)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/senseofsnow2011
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mxzhou/
- Website: https://juji.io/
Ways to Tune In:
- Website: https://www.earley.com/earley-ai-podcast-home
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/id1586654770
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5nkcZvVYjHHj6wtBABqLbE?si=73cd5d5fc89f4781
- iHeart Radio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-earley-ai-podcast-87108370/
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/earley-ai-podcast
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/18524b67-09cf-433f-82db-07b6213ad3ba/earley-ai-podcast
- Buzzsprout: https://earleyai.buzzsprout.com/
Thanks to our sponsors: