Beyond Taxonomy - How Manufacturers & Distributors are Innovating in Ecommerce
In 2 months 1 week
In the early days of ecommerce, manufacturers and distributors were executing on the basics – building navigation and classification hierarchies was a major effort. Though always a work in progress and never a trivial effort, building effective hierarchies is guided by straightforward principles. But, taxonomies are more than navigation hierarchies and can be leveraged to drive advanced capabilities. In our next executive roundtable, the panel discussion will address the challenges in building more powerful capabilities based on a foundation of a well-constructed taxonomy.
In this session our panel of experts discuss:
- How are manufacturers and distributors using taxonomies to improve site search?
- How are taxonomies used in merchandising – assessing product mix and grouping products for specific targets or solutions?
- How do taxonomies help with personalization?
- How are part relationships managed and presented?
- How are multi-tiered product entity models like base-variant being leveraged to improve data management, reporting and navigation?